Thursday 5 July 2007

FORGET GRANNY

Those of you who follow this blog and the local press in general will all know that my relationship with South Tyneside Council and a few of it’s Councils could not even be exaggerated and brought up to the dizzy heights of “cordial”. I have however, tried to be fair and offered compliments when they are due. I outlined last month how I felt their web site was one of these easiest of it’s genre to use, and it’s coverage of information relating to democracy and the dissemination of related information was commendable. For the second time in the space of as many weeks, I am going to give it another pat on the back. Three words “The Bootleg Beatles”! Appearing on the 8th July as part of the Councils “Cookson Parade and Summer Fayre”, the “Boots” as the are affectionately known, are one of the best tribute bands in the world, and come as close to the fantastic four as our generation are going to get. Every year they do a Christmas tour, and every year I pay homage to the mop top memory of when music really started! Forget church, forget Sunday dinner, forget your blog and forget about taking granny for a walk. Instead, make her a packed lunch and take her down to the Bents Park and travel back in time. Don’t worry about a mosh pit and don’t worry about rude lyrics, this is as good as music can possibly get without actually being there in the heady days of 1960’s swinging Britain. If anybody at the Gazette actually reads these posts (I know you do) and wants a free review for the paper, as Paul once sang, “I Wanna Be Your Man”. Just get me a front row spot!

No comments:

Counter

WHERE ARE YOU