Wednesday 27 June 2007

GOOD RIDDANCE

Today may be a good time not to actually buy any newspapers. Instead, dig out old copies from the 11th May and re read them because this mornings editions are mere a reprint and re hash of previous articles: Blair’s Legacy, How Will He Be Remembered, What Type of Leader Will Brown Be? These are all phrases and views that we have heard and read about many times over the last six weeks and ones which, to be honest, no longer stimulate. We all have our views on Blair’s regime, and we all have an inkling as to how we feel Brown will continue. Personally, I can’t wait for the new cabinet announcements. We desperately need to get away from asinine questions like “will Brown change the wallpaper in No 10” and “will he get on with the Queen” and move on to real issues such as the NHS, crime, government corruption, European expansion and the war in Iraq.

As I type this missive I am listening to Blair’s last question time in the Commons. I have never believed in personal politics, I would prefer to fight on policy alone. However, with Blair I will have to break a life times view: I don’t like his as a PM, I don’t like him as a party leader, I don’t like him as a politician and I don’t like him as a person.

No comments:

Counter

WHERE ARE YOU