Tuesday 5 June 2007

HARD WORK DESERVES IT'S REWARD.......

Yesterday I had a long and interesting conversation with Ahmed Khan, the Independent Beacon and Bents Ward candidate at the last local elections, who has taken the matter of 90 spoilt postal ballot papers to the High Court in London. Whilst booking his car in at a local garage he called in as he had read some of the comments posted on this site. He left well over an hour later and I some how felt that I had just met a long lost friend such was his good nature and clear commitment and passion towards his ward and the Borough as a whole. With regards to the uncounted votes, he does have several points of procedural issues that can only be solved by a judicial review. Whilst the conversation ebbed and flowed on all things political in this area, it’s pointless droning on about it here, but one thing of note did emerge; he has already hit the streets and the printers with regards to sitting again next year.

What would I give to have such a committed Councillor in my ward? Jealous? You’re dead right!

Good look Ahmed with regards to the London review, I know all you want is the truth, and best of luck next year, though somehow I feel we will be hearing a lot more from you before then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Committed, dedicated, determined, and very affable, just about describes him nicely!

Counter

WHERE ARE YOU